333,000 Artisans and Transporters To Benefit from MSME Survival Fund On October 1

24 September 2020 by MATHEW AYOOLA

To commemorate NIGERIA’S 60th Independence Anniversary, the Federal Government is ready to disburse about three hundred million naira to 333,000 artisans and transporters under the National MSME Survival Fund and the Guaranteed Off-Take Stimulus Scheme.
The Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment, Ambassador Mariam Yalwaji Katagum made this known in Abuja at a media briefing on the Scheme.
Ambassador Mariam Katagum who is the Chairperson Steering Committee of the Scheme said each beneficiary would be given one-off payment of thirty thousand naira.
She stated that the target beneficiaries include mechanics, taxi drivers, hairdressers, Keke NAPEP riders, okada riders, plumbers, electricians among others.
According to her, beneficiaries from twelve states will benefit from the first phase of the scheme.
The Minister of State explained that the states include, Lagos, Bauchi, Kaduna, Kano, Plateau and Borno.
Others are Ekiti, Anambra, Abia, and the FCT.
Ambassador Mariam Katagum said 174,574 MSME operators have so far registered for the Scheme with five States recording the highest.
Also speaking, the Special Assistant to the President on MSME, Mr Tola Johnson said 75 billion naira had already been set aside by the Federal Government for the National MSME Survival Fund and the Guaranteed Off-Take Stimulus Scheme under the Nigeria Economic Sustainability Plan, NESP.
Mr Tola Johnson said the gesture was to assist MSME operators due to the COVID 19 pandemic.
In a remark, the Director General of Small and Medium Enterprises of Nigeria, SMEDAN, Doctor Dikko Umar Radda said all MSME operators in all the States of the Federation and the FCT would be carried along in the programme.
He said necessary measures had been put in place to prevent scammers and fraudsters from taking advantage of the programme.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *